Thursday, November 22, 2007

Interesting Book Challenges

There are a few challenges I'm interested in. I think I'll list them here.


  1. 1st in a Series: Jan 1 to Dec 31. Read 12 books that are first in a series. I have around 20 possibilities. I need to shortlist them if I'm interested. JOINED
  2. Jane Austen Challenge: Read and/or watch at least two Jane Austen novels/movies in 2008. JOINED
  3. Numbers Challenge: Jan 1 to Dec 31. Read 5 books with numbers in the title. JOINED
  4. Themed Reading: Read at least 4 books that share a theme of your choice, eg historical romances, books with animals, books in a country/ family secrets. Sign up by Dec 31. Write review. I have some idea on this one. JOINED
  5. Speculative Fiction Challenge: Sign up by Dec 1. Read 6 books till Apr 08. Some ideas of authors are Isabel Allende, Mikhail Bulgakov, Salman Rushdie, Yann Martel, Ben Okri, Ian McEwan The Child in Time, Graham Swift Waterland and Cornelia Funke Inkheart. JOINED
  6. 888 Challenge: Runs from January 1 through December 31, 2008. Choose 8 categories of your own that you would like to read 8 books EACH in. You will be allowed 8 overlaps, for a total of 56 unique book titles. You may overlap these 56 titles with any other challenge. You may change your list or your categories at any time. You may update your lists by providing the link to books read. However, we will NOT be writing reviews here! Please use your name as a label, along with the book categories you're reading from. Check back here to see who is participating and cheer others on.
  7. 2 New 2 U Challenge: Feb 1 to May 1 08. Sign up by Jan 1. Read 2 books out of comfort zone or by authors you've never read. I might cross read the 2 books with other challenges.
  8. Celebrate the Author: Jan 1 to Dec 31. Read one author on their birthday month throughout the year. I have the list of authors I'm interested in. I'll put them up if I decide to join this one.
  9. The Whitcoulls Challenge: Nov to Nov 08. Pick 12 books from list and read one a month.
  10. Read It Again Challenge: No time. Reread fav books.
  11. Outmoded Authors: end on 29 Feb. Membership till Jan 31. eg. DH Lawrence, GK Chesterton, W Somerset Maugham, Walter Scott
  12. just4thehelluvit: Spontaneous reading, no time.
  13. Book A Week Group Challenge: Join between Jan 1 and Feb 21 each year and read a book per week (52 per year)
  14. TBR Challenge: Membership Dec 15.

Wow, 14! That's a lot! Might need to cut down and make my decision by Dec 1-5. Will be back!

No comments: